What I do when I don't bead...

Well, I do have a day job. I sell shoes. Who would have thought, right? But I also make other things, such as these lovely shadow boxes that currently hang in my bathroom. I am considering making these for sale, so keep checking my etsy store.
But for now, a few words on these beauties: I just play around with light and dark, whatever comes to mind. Like the first one: Sammy lost in the woods, listening to two old crows talking on the tree. Second one:
A girl contemplating her image with her little dog for company. I used to have a doggie just like this when I was a kid, her name was Little Alice.
Then the third , this one is pretty clear, a which stirring her cauldron in a deep dark forest.
Is she wicked, is she nice?
That is up to You dear viewer.
I think with a lot of things I do, that is the main question.

These three are done in smaller frames, then I use a knife to cut out the paper, and that takes a while ,as one has to be careful, then put it in the frame. I usually use three different layers, there might be more.
I am thinking about making these in full color next, it has been on my mind for a while ,might as well give it a try as soon as I have time for it.

The way I hung these and three more was alternating black and white frames in two rows of three. But I think they would be really nice individually too.

I think I like to make shadow boxes for how easy it is to create a contrast, to create visual interest and tell a story.
Compared to my jewelry, this hardly takes any time....

Comments

Popular Posts